- First arrange the layout, including setting the text height, size, kerning, line spacing and other parameters. The same content is best copied in batches.
- Then set the cutting path (2D, 3D, cutting). Select the appropriate tool according to the font size and line thickness when selecting the knife. After the path is checked, check whether there is any place where the word is not cutting. Prove that the tool setting is too large or modify the text. Characters with different depths need to follow different depth paths. Generally, carving is performed with a 2D flat-bottom sharp knife and cutting with a straight-blade knife.
- Store engraving paths. Different depths store different files. For example, there are both engraving and cutting in a layout. Because the engraving depth or the selected tool are different, they must be saved as two path files. When saving the engraving path, you must delete the engraving path as the cutting path and store the path (note that the height of the lifting knife here should be 3mm after the first installation of Wentai).
- For example, when sculpting a two-color board, first move the designed content to the lower left corner of the layout (the lower left corner of Wentai carving is the work origin), select the content to be carved and design the cutting path 2D (the engraving depth is 0.1, and the tool library is flat bottom) Sharp knife (usually W1 is 3.15, angle is 15 degrees, W2 is the width of the selected tool tip). The engraving method is horizontal bottom washing, and the secondary processing method is hooking. The tool library selects the same knife as the horizontal bottom washing. Turn, keep sharp corners, and confirm. After selecting the 2D engraving method for the border, remove the secondary processing method, and the engraving depth is 1.3. The tool selection and the same knife when engraving are the cutting edge paths. Save the engraving after confirmation. Click on the path to find a file name. Note that .nc should not be removed, and the height of the knife is generally 3 mm.
- Cutting the Fron board: first mirror the arranged text and move it to the lower left corner of the layout. Select the 2D engraving depth as 0, the engraving method is hooking without secondary processing, and the tool library selects a straight knife (W1 is 3.175, The height H1 exceeds the thickness of the material). Turn the counterclockwise while keeping the edges. Keep the sharp corners. After confirming, save the engraving path and click to find a file name. Be careful not to remove the .nc. .
- Open the motion management system, right-click and select the folder to open and load and open the path to be sculpted in Wentai, replace the selected tool, and manually move the engraving head to the material to be carved to determine the origin ( Click on the working coordinates X, Y, Z), when cutting, generally move the tool to the front of the material, set the Z axis to 0 after the Z axis and the table just touch, and then lift the Z axis to move the tool to the material. Set X and Y in the lower left corner to 0. . . Assume that there are both engraving and cutting on the same layout. When the cutter needs to be replaced, the engraving tool is removed after engraving is completed. When the cutting tool is replaced, the Z axis must be re-originated. The X and Y coordinates must not be changed. The layout does not match. (When cutting, pay attention to slowing down the feed speed. Different materials should adjust the following spindle speed.)
- Raise the main shaft, move the gantry to a suitable position, and finish processing.
- Generally, in order to make the processed items consistent with the actual size of the design, it is best to design the tool compensation in advance. The path calculation chooses to calculate the inner and outer contours. The width is half of the selected tool. Generally, the engraving is the inner contour and the cutting is the outer contour. It is not retained. The original image, with sharp corners, is repeated one time. . . .
- Feeding speed: double-color plate —- 1500, 800-1000 when cutting, Fron plate-1000, PVC-800, acrylic-600 or so, the thicker the material, the slower the speed. .
Spindle speed: two-color board—15000, Fron board PVC—18000, acrylic—20,000.
Mechanical Engraving Machine Operation Process And Precautions
You Might Also Like