The advantages of vertical machining centers are as follows
- ①The workpiece is easy to clamp, and the workpiece can be clamped with general clamps such as flat-nose pliers, platen, indexing head, and rotary table.
- ②The tool movement track is easy to observe, the debugging program is easy to check and measure, and problems can be found in time, and processing or modification can be stopped;
- ③The cooling conditions are easy to establish, and the cooling liquid can directly reach the tool and the processing surface;
- ④The coordinate system, that is, the three coordinate axes X, Y, and Z, coincides with the Cartesian coordinate system, and it feels intuitive and consistent with the drawing perspective;
- ⑤ Chips are easy to be removed and dropped to avoid the chips from scratching the processed surface;
- ⑥Single-column structure is generally adopted. Compared with the corresponding horizontal machining center, the structure is simple, the area is small, and the price is low.