It is necessary to carry out appearance inspection on the first batch of aluminum die castings with bad defects to see if the surface of the castings causes unsmooth surfaces on some parts.
The causes of friction crevice corrosion in the production and processing of aluminum alloy die castings are given as follows:
- (1) The position and appearance of the ingate caused by the die casting mold are not good;
- (2) The water cooling at the position where the aluminum alloy profile liquid is strongly eroded at the ingate caused by the forging standard is insufficient.
The methods for handling and avoiding friction crevice corrosion are:
- (1) Improve the position and orientation of the ingate;
- (2) Improve the water cooling standard, especially the position with strong corrosion of metal material liquid;
- (3) For crevice corrosion, part of the architectural coatings shall be improved;
- (4) Adjust the water flow of aluminum alloy liquid to avoid cavitation
- (5) Remove the aluminum alloy adhesive on the abrasive tool.
Aluminum machining parts and die-casting parts have friction crevice corrosion in production and processing! Don’t worry, we can reasonably prevent such things from happening according to the left and right methods.