Aluminum and aluminum alloys will be seen in aerospace, home appliance digital, automobile manufacturing and other industries, and the application fields are very wide. In addition, aluminum is also one of the common materials in the processing of vertical machining centers. In order to produce qualified aluminum parts, the following introduces several factors that affect the stability of aluminum parts processed by vertical machining centers.
- 1. Tool selection. When processing aluminum materials, try to use special tools, such tools are often more targeted. For example, the milling cutter for aluminum milling usually has a larger rake angle and helix angle, the cutting edge is sharper, and it is more conducive to the processing of aluminum parts (such as anti-chip chip), and the surface quality of the processing will be better.
- 2. Parameter setting. Cutting factors such as cutting speed, feed rate, cutting depth, and tool compensation all affect the stability of machining, so special attention is required.
- 3. The problem of material cooling. The workpiece may be deformed after cooling. This situation is often unavoidable, in which case special attention must be paid to the use of coolant. It is also necessary to consider the possibility of material deformation when performing in-situ measurement.
- 4. The state of the vertical machining center. Whether the machining is stable depends largely on the state of the vertical machining center itself. New vertical machining centers or vertical machining centers without commissioning are prone to dimensional instability. In such cases, you can check the servo motor, screw, nut and other parts, and debug the vertical machining center.
- 5. Processing technology. Unreasonable processing technology is very easy to cause dimensional error of the workpiece. Ensure the basic processing technology (such as milling CNC machining “first rough and then fine, first surface then hole, first large surface and then small surface”) or the use of fixtures “reduce the number of clamping, try to use combined fixtures” and other basic processing details) On the basis of, we must minimize the processing errors caused by iron filings on aluminum parts.