Under the increasingly severe resource environment and the rapid development of new industrial needs, special engineering plastics such as PEEK have been widely used in many fields such as aerospace, defense and military, electronic semiconductors, medical equipment and transportation in recent years. They are strategic materials, and their development not only It plays a supporting role in China’s pillar industries and modern high-tech industries, and also promotes the transformation of traditional industries and the adjustment of product structures.
With the continuous innovation and continuous development of special engineering plastics such as PEEK, its types are constantly increasing and its performance is continuously improving. PEEK (polyetheretherketone), PI (polyimide) and PPS (polyphenylene sulfide) resins have been To realize industrialization, the gap with foreign countries in terms of raw material synthesis, scale capacity and performance is also getting smaller. These are inseparable from the government’s attention and support for special plastic machining. From the “Seventh Five-Year Plan” to the “13th Five-Year Plan”, special engineering plastics such as PEEK have always been the focus of attention in China, and the rapid development of China’s special engineering plastics industry Policy guidance and government support are indispensable. The recent policies to encourage the development of special engineering plastics industries such as PEEK machining can be seen:
1) The China Development and Reform Commission and the Ministry of Commerce issued the “Industrial Catalogue to Encourage Foreign Investment (2019 Edition)”, which highlights the chemical raw material and chemical product manufacturing industries: PEEK (polyetheretherketone), PI (polyimide) Differential, functional polyester (PET), polyformaldehyde, polyphenylene sulfide; polysulfone, polyethersulfone, polyarylate (PAR), polyphenylene ether and other special engineering plastics.
2) China National Development and Reform Commission’s “Three-year Action Plan to Enhance the Core Competitiveness of Manufacturing Industries (2018-2020)” Key industrialization projects of new chemical materials include: aromatic ketone polymers: PEEK (polyetheretherketone), polyetherketone, Polyether ketone ketone; polyarylene ether ether nitrile, polyphenylene sulfide; polyphenylene ether and the like.
3) Working guidance of China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Federation on the “strategies and tasks of the development of new chemical industry in the 14th Five-Year Plan”: PEEK (polyetheretherketone), polysulfone, polyphenylsulfone, liquid crystal polymer and other high-performance Engineering plastics.
4) The Department of Raw Materials Industry of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology has publicly solicited opinions on the “Guide Catalog of the First Batch of Application Demonstrations of New Materials for the First Batch (2019 Edition)” (Consultation Draft). Among them, special engineering plastics such as PEEK, PI and PPS are among them.
5) The “Industrial Structure Adjustment Guidance Catalogue (2019 Edition, Consultation Draft)” issued by the China Development and Reform Commission is composed of three categories: encouraged, restricted and eliminated. The development, production, and application of the mentioned high-performance fibers and products are encouraged, including ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene fibers (UHMWPE), polyphenylene sulfide fibers (PPS), polyimide fibers (PI), and polytetrafluoro Ethylene fiber (PTFE), polyetheretherketone fiber (PEEK), etc.
This shows that the Chinese government attaches great importance to PEEK and other special engineering plastics, expects it, supports it, and urgently needs it.