The CNC machining center is mainly used for the titanium machining of key mold parts such as mold cores, inserts, and copper males. The quality of mold cores and inserts directly determines the quality of mold forming parts. What are the points to pay attention to during the normal production of CNC machining of aluminum alloy cavity?
1. Matters needing attention in front mold machining
- ① Tool path sequence: broad knife curved surface grooving tool path coarse, small knife contour contour tool path coarse, broad cutter (ball cutter) parallel milling cutter path light tool, small tool parallel milling tool path light tool. When the front mold is manufactured, there is usually a matching copper male, which is mainly used for roughing toolpaths, supplemented by partial curved light knife.
- ②With parting surface and pillow surface, it is necessary to add time together, the pillow surface of the parting surface is processed in place, leaving no margin, and the margin is 0.2-0.5 in the cavity for sparking. If there are only young men, leave a margin of 0.3. When there are rough and young men, the margin can be 0.5. The margin of 0.1 for the front mold and the rubbing position can be reserved for the front and rear mold matching.
- ③Use a large-diameter round nose knife (knife handle) when opening thick. If the tool diameter is too small, it is easy to break the knife and the knife. Try to use it in the middle knife.
- ④The tool path range in surface titanium machining is calculated based on the movement path of the tool center axis, that is, the actual machining area is one side larger than the selected tool path range limit box by one tool radius value, and the tool path range limit box parameters should be set reasonably. Avoid machining range beyond actual machining needs.
- ⑤The front mold material is hard, so check carefully before machining to reduce errors and not easily weld!
2. Precautions for post-mold titanium machining
- ①Sequence of back mold toolpaths: broad knife curved surface grooving tool path roughing, small knife limit range surface grooving roughing, clear corner, big knife (ball knife) parallel milling tool path smooth, small knife (ball knife) parallel milling tool path restriction The range of clear corners, smooth knife, flat knife and other high profile tool path clear corners.
- ②The material of the back mold is the same as that of the front mold, so try to process it with a round nose knife (knife handle).