- When the ball-end milling cutter is milling a curved surface, the cutting speed at the tool tip is very low. If the ball cutter is used to mill a gentle curved surface perpendicular to the surface to be processed, the surface quality of the ball cutter tip is poor, so it should be Properly increase the spindle speed, and avoid cutting with the tip.
- Avoid dropping the knife vertically. There are two types of flat-bottom cylindrical milling cutters. One is that the end face has a top hole, and the end edge is not the center.The other is that there is no center hole on the end face, the end edges are connected and over the center. When milling a curved surface, an end mill with a top hole must never be fed vertically downward like a drill, unless a process hole is drilled in advance. Otherwise, the cutter will be broken. If you use an end knife without a tip hole, you can enter the knife vertically downward, but because the angle of the blade is too small, the axial force is very large, so you should try to avoid it. The best way is to enter the tool obliquely downward, and then cut it laterally with a side edge after reaching a certain depth. When milling the groove surface, the process hole can be pre-drilled for cutting. Although the effect of using a ball-end milling cutter to feed vertically is better than that of a flat-bottomed end mill, it is best not to use this type of undercutting because the axial force is too large and affects the cutting effect.
- When milling curved surface parts, if it is found that the parts are not well-heated, cracked, or uneven in structure, the processing should be stopped in time to avoid wasting time.
- When milling more complicated curved surfaces of the mold cavity, it generally takes a longer period. Therefore, the machine tool, fixture, and tool should be properly checked before each start of milling to avoid failure in the middle, affecting the machining accuracy, and even causing Scrap.
- When milling the mold cavity, the file trimming margin should be properly controlled according to the roughness of the processed surface. For the parts that are difficult to mill, if the surface roughness of the processing is poor, it should be appropriate to leave more file allowance; for the plane, right-angle grooves and other easy-to-machine parts, the surface roughness value should be reduced as much as possible To avoid affecting the accuracy of the cavity surface due to large-area filing.
What Should Be Paid Attention To When Machining Cnc Molds
The CNC machining center is a machine tool that must be used for mold processing. So what do we need to pay attention to when processing molds? Today, we will follow Taicheng CNC editor to understand what we should pay attention to when processing molds. Better process the ideal product.